Custom Hand Made Fluorocarbon Shark Fishing Leader – 144 Inches / 12 Foot
Often referred to as a Leader, Trace, Rig, or Harness
This listing is for a 12 Foot Leader
- 100lb Test Fluorocarbon Construction
- High Carbon Steel Circle Hook
- Oversized Ball Bearing Swivel.
- Added weight and size makes for smoother sliding.
- Hand Tied Snell on Hook Eye.
Available in Three Lengths: 2 Foot, 6 Foot, and 12 Foot
Order Accordingly This listing is for a 12 Foot Leader
These leaders are designed specifically for West Coast/Hawaii style land based sharking, using a tactic known worldwide as “Slide baiting”. By casting a heavy anchor sinker (see our other products for examples) the angler can create a zip line effect, allowing a large, or fragile live bait to be presented at greater distances than they could be cast! A fantastic fishing tactic, and these leaders are the perfect tool for the job!
Suitable for any fishing style that requires a strong abrasion resistant leader / trace that can take some abuse.
- Use shorter leaders for longer distance presentations closer to the bottom
- Longer leaders are best for live baits, allowing more freedom of movement and longer soak times
- Match your leaders to your target species, for rough skinned species like sharks, try to exceed the target animals body size to avoid abrading the main line!
- Rinse your leaders after each outing! This will keep hooks sharp, and swivels spinning well trip after trip!