These leaders are designed specifically for presenting baits off the bottom to target pelagic species like Mako Sharks, Thresher Sharks, and Hammerhead Sharks.
This particular leader design has been under development for many years. By incorporating an inline float that runs freely on the rub leader the bait can be presented above the bottom (roughly 12' under the surface) in a way that is far more appealing to pelagic species than a bait buried in the sand would be! This rig has been responsible for phenomenal catches.
- 800lb Test Cable and 600lb Test Monofilament Construction
- Incorporates Our Large Sized Float to Present the Bait Off-Bottom
- High Carbon Steel "Unlimited Class" Circle Hook
- This Circle Hook can take lots of abuse!
- Available in Both Inline (Florida/Texas Legal) and Offset Versions
- Oversized Ball Bearing Swivels.
- Double Crimped using Offshore Loop/Flemish Eye
- For Use with Breakaway Style Weights
-Use smaller baits than would be typical for bottom fishing. Remember the float has to be able to lift them.
-Be careful using this rig in high-traffic areas. Boats running between the float and the beach will result in a cut off
-Fish this rig on heavy tackle to avoid unnecessary break offs that will leave floats attached to sharks.
-Make every effort to recover this rig if lost. A cut off rig that is baited is still fishing and will result in "ghost fishing"!
- Use 12-20lb breakaway line depending on current. This will ensure the weight is lost when bit.
-Rinse your leaders after each outing! This will keep hooks sharp, and swivels spinning well trip after trip!