“The Basics” are stripped down versions of our most popular premium tackle as a lower cost alternative. These offer the same functionality at half the cost! These leaders are designed specifically for West Coast/Hawaii style land based sharking, using a tactic known worldwide as "Slide baiting". By casting a heavy anchor sinker (see our other products for examples) the angler can create a zip line effect, allowing a large, or fragile live bait to be presented at greater distances than they could be cast! A fantastic fishing tactic, and these leaders are the perfect tool for the job!
Bare-Bones Version of our Cable Slidebaiting Leader
- 210lb Test Cable Construction
- Stainless Circle Hook
- Teflon Coated Brass Swivel
- Added weight and size makes for smoother sliding.
- Hand Tied Snell on Hook Eye.
- Double Crimped with Offshore Loop / Flemish Eye
Available in Three Lengths: 2', 6', and 12'
- Use shorter leaders for longer distance presentations closer to the bottom
- Longer leaders are best for live baits, allowing more freedom of movement and longer soak times
- Match your leaders to your target species, for rough skinned species like sharks, try to exceed the target animals body size to avoid abrading the main line!
- Rinse your leaders after each outing! This will keep hooks sharp, and swivels spinning well trip after trip!